Our Moon Time Balm was created to help relieve discomfort associated with menstruation (cramps, bloating, spasms etc)
It was also created out of the desire to gently connect with this sacred time. To tap into the great wisdom + healing available to woman as they bleed.
Our ancestors knew the power of the Moon Time. It was celebrated + revered. The blood mysteries are waiting to be revealed to those who wish to discover them.
⤖ Ingredients ⬻
- Achillea millefolium (ethically wild harvested Yarrow)
- Viburnum opulus (Cramp bark)
- Salvia sclarea (Organic Clary Sage essential oil)
- Zingiber officinale (Organic Ginger essential oil)
- Lavandula angustifolia (Organic Lavender essential oil)
- Tocopherol (Organic Vit E)
- Euphorbia Cerifera (Candellila Wax)
- Helianthus annuus (Organic cold pressed Sunflower oil)
Potential allergens (naturally occurring in essential oils): Linalol, Citronellol, Limonene, Citral
⤖ Directions ⬻
Apply a liberal amount to areas of discomfort (abdomen, legs, back etc) as often as needed. For external use only. Do not use for PMS symptoms if you suspect you might actually be pregnant.
⤖ Ingredient Breakdown ⬻
Cramp Bark: Just as the name suggests! A powerful herb with anti-spasmodic properties due to coumarin derivative, scopoletin. The astringent nature of Cramp bark helps reduce heavy menstrual bleeding, whilst it's volatile oils help relax + sooth bodily cramping. Also rich in valerenic acid, producing a mild sedative effect and methyl salicylate which is a weak acting precursor to the salicylic acid that is used in aspirin.
Yarrow: Such a magickal plant! Antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory, wonderful for relieving menstrual cramps. An astringent herb that works wonders with matters of blood - it contains the alkaloid achilleine, which facilitates the coagulation of blood, helping slow a heavy period, but also has the ability to stimulate the uterus to initiate menstrual flow. Yarrow is both cooling + warming, normalises opposing conditions + aids in the regulation menstrual flow.
Ginger Essential Oil: Warming + stimulating. Compounds found in Ginger can help relieve inflammation + the body's production of prostaglandins (chemicals that trigger muscle contractions + the shedding of the uturine lining)
Clary Sage Oil: Sometimes referred to as 'The Woman's Oil', this healing plant addresses female hormone-related issues, such as anxiety and the blues.
Please note: This product no longer contains Moon Stone :)
- The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for a specific medical condition. Please use your best judgement :)